[Solved] AMD Graphic bug since last cl-update

Hello Calculate team <3

I got a computer with AMD graphic card (amdgpu driver). I am on CLDM (so Mate).

Today I launched my weekly cl-update and I did a long update (including amdgpu driver).
Since this update I cannot launch any game:

• Steam even refuses to open
  • Lutris open but display that vulkan is not install or not supported by my system (I checked vulkan is still well installed)
  • even old game with Scummvm refuses to launch.

Except this the system works. I can watch a video on Youtube for instance without issue.
I check with cl-setup-video tool the driver amdgpu is still selected.

Do you have any idea or advise of what I can do to fix it please?

Before the cl-update all was working perfectly. So it happen something during last update but I did not find what up to now :slight_smile: .

Thanks in advance for your help <3
Peace

Kenopir

Join the club.
I get partial desktop (cinnamon) , no panels, no window controls…
Waiting for fix…

Salut Kenopir! Yesterday there was a major update, I tried to fix some of the circular dependencies. To solve them, we had to change some of the USE flags. Please take a look, maybe you will find a problematic change: https://git.calculate-linux.org/calculate/calculate-overlay/src/branch/master/profiles/default/package.use/circular-deps
I also removed the global USE gpm. But this hardly affected anything.

The packages listed seems not relative to graphic function.
Additional info in the update vulkan (1.3.268 => 1.3.275) and mesa (23.1.9 => 23.3.1) were both updated.
media-libs/vulkan-loader still in 1.3.268 by the way.

mesa 23.1 no more available (cannot downgrade).
Downgrade of vulkan did not fix the issues.

For info I attached the extract of /var/log/emerge.log enclosing only the yesterday update.
emerge.log (75.7 KB)

For information the update of media-libs/mesa from 23.3.1 to 23.3.4 fix the problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That solved it for me too.
Thank you!