Problems with miroir.linuxtricks.fr/calculate

Hello,

I am attempting to build a new Calculate Linux machine. The problems with this mirror over the weekend have been solved, I can now do an update after install - thank you.

I have installed many packages today and I noticed that they were coming from the yandex server. After a machine restart, however, emerge now points to the miroir.linuxtricks.fr server and will no longer download binaries - here using gnumeric as an example but I get the same with other packages:

# emerge -abk app-office/gnumeric

!!! Error fetching binhost package info from 'http://miroir.linuxtricks.fr/calculate/grp/x86_64'
!!! <urlopen error [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution>

* IMPORTANT: 2 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/imagemagick-tools-0  USE="jpeg perl png svg tiff" 
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.69.0-r1 
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.41-r1  USE="bzip2 gtk introspection" 
[ebuild  N     ] app-text/libspectre-0.2.7  USE="-debug -doc -static-libs" 
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/perl-IO-Compress-2.69.1_rc 
[ebuild  N     ] x11-libs/goffice-0.10.32  USE="introspection" 
[ebuild  N     ] app-office/gnumeric-1.12.32  USE="introspection -libgda -perl -python" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] No

Is there a problem with this mirror?

How can I specify the yandex mirror when installing or updating software?

Thanks, Bill

I am very new with Calculate but I noticed somewhere that it seems you can do it

Go into the Console and look for “set up variables” at the bottom…then scroll through that until you find Update There are 3 or 4 different ones with URLs of the servers on the right…which seem to be editable.

This may not be the way to do it…

Thanks for the reply Chris,

It seems I jumped too soon - binaries are now downloading again!

It would be interesting to hear from one of the devs whether your method is the preferred way to change servers…

Cheers, Bill

Hi,
For your information, synchronization of miroir.linuxtricks.fr is every hour.

Hi Bill,

When switching to GCC 5.4.0, a large number of packets were updated. During the upgrade, binary packages may not be available. In this case, packages with source code were loaded from yandex.

Thanks for your explanation Alexander, all is working well now,
Bill