pptp vpn connection

i need a pptp vpn connection for connecting to internet. it is very simple to create and connect to it using network-manager applet. in calculate there is Vicd instead of network manager applet. Is there any way to create and connect to a pptp vpn server using Vicd?
i tried to use networkmanager and wanted to emerge network-manager-pptp and nm-applet. i installed the former but the latter faild. here is what i did:
calculate ~ # emerge nm-applet

* IMPORTANT: 3 news items need reading for repository ‘gentoo’.
* Use eselect news to read news items.

Calculating dependencies… done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy “gnome-base/gvfs[gnome]”.
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:

• gnome-base/gvfs-1.2.3 (Change USE: +gnome)
    (dependency required by “gnome-base/libgnome-2.26.0” [ebuild])
    (dependency required by “gnome-base/libgnomeui-2.24.1” [ebuild])
    (dependency required by “gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.26.3” [ebuild])
    (dependency required by “gnome-extra/nm-applet-0.7.2” [ebuild])
    (dependency required by “nm-applet” [argument])

* IMPORTANT: 3 news items need reading for repository ‘gentoo’.
* Use eselect news to read news items.

what is the recommended solution?
Regards

Package gnome-base/gvfs must be compiled with USE-flag “gnome”. In CLD this flag is off. compile the package indicating flag:

USE="gnome" emerge -pv gnome-base/gvfs

Then install the utility:

emerge nm-applet

Alexander, Thanks for your reply.
I will test it and inform you the results.
Also i found Kvpnc which seems to be a very robust package. it seems using this package is preferred since it does not need emerging gnome package. what is your idea?
Regards

i emerged nm-applet using above commands. also networkmanager, networkmanager-pptp and pptpclient is installed but when i start the applet in its vpn tab, i can not create a connection since it is not active.
the other problem is that i added the networkmanager to rc-update (rc-update add Networkmanager default) but when the system is rebooted the nm-applet is not running. how can i make it working by default.
Regards
PS i unmerged wicd for probable conflicting with networkmanager.

You can use a standard mechanism to start the network interface through /etc/init.d/net.eth0 (CDS or CLS), through Wicd (CLD or LCDX), or try to configure the network through Networkmanager.

In KDE Networkmanager poorly supported. Perhaps in KDE 4.4 it will be supported better. We have tested it half a year ago, having failed to obtain normal operation and claimed capabilities, delayed its introduction. Wicd just need to remove from the startup, because two network service will interfere with each other.

In the Internet there are many sites describing the settings, example here: http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/NetworkManager