Need help about my questions.

Hello, im protuguese a i am a user of debians baseds systems with Linux.

I find this calculate Linux and i thought in experiment it, but…

# I try install the boot iso in a usb i burn image with unetbootin, but when i boot system the instaler dont work, error with - parted, because this i try format my disk before install but after boot once more the calculate same error appear. (i comnfirmed the md5sum)
# The keymap listed dont include pt.latinmap1, the protuguese keymap need this, i dont know if is possible install new keymaps after the install the distro.
# The calculate is based on gentoo, gentoo is for advanced users and i am a medium user in my Debians ehehe, i can use calculate with good results?
# The pc i used use processors coretem-isa , is possible install lm-sensors in gentoo and hddtemp to monitoring temperatures anc charge of processes?
# this is my lspci result:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub (rev 0c)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 PCI Express Root Port (rev 0c)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev f3)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801HEM (ICH8M) LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) IDE Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon HD 2400
01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RV610 audio device [Radeon HD 2400 PRO]
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 01)
05:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron] Network Connection (rev 61)
0c:04.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
0c:04.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments PCIxx12 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
0c:04.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)
0c:04.3 SD Host controller: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

Thanks for your attention,

Greetings .

# If you run a system with a DVD, use the command-line <> to install on USB Flash.
For example: <<cl-install -d /dev/sdb1>>, where sdb1 - partition USB Flash. Prior to execution, make sure that your USB Flash detected as sdb1. If you’ve used unetbootin to record to USB Flash, remove and re-create the partition utility cfdisk.
# We have added several popular distro layouts and languages​​. If you use the system in their work, with your help, we will add support protuguese keymap.
# Calculate/Gentoo - perfect for exploring Linux.
# Packages sys-apps/lm_sensors and app-admin/hddtemp included in the distro. Configuration examples can easily be found: http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/Hddtemp, http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Hddtemp, http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Lm_sensors, http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/Lm_sensors, etc.

Thanks for your resply its a pleasure for me talk with developer o Calculate.

Calculate is amazing in graphic environment, is a good distro, and my intention is use Calculate in base system, so the problems i reported in this post is referent when i try to install the system in my pc laptop Toshiba.

1-when i try to install the first time i try execute cl-install icon in the iso i burn in my USB but the problem is one message with erro with parted, after i use cfdisk to erase my disk entirely, (unistall my older system Ultimate Edition), but the problem persists.

Maybe i need execute the cl-install with one image burn in DVD because the problem can be generated for Unetbootin or my USB.

3- the support keymap for example in Slackware is used the* qwerty-latin map 1*, this keymap is used to portuguese users - your distro contain the pt-br map but no the pt exclusively map and for this the acentuation, and other keys dont work.
If you need any tipe of traductions or else i can help no problem.

Greetings from Calculate

This is my blog , with one post writte to divulgate Calculate in Portugal.

http://tux-a-solta.blogspot.com/2011/05/calculate-linux.html

Thanks

yeah im in reason.

well im burn image in one dvd verbatim and install im not need execute the command cl-install, simply i use the icon install calculate and the installation works well…

im burn the image with brasero.

ok im in your world of calculate, is gentoo world eheh compiz work, and is great the pre configuration with drivers for graphic cards.

if calculate dont exist i cant experiment gentoo because the installation is complicated.

—im a short problems my capslock key dont work.

—when i open a terminal the keyboard layout change to usa how i can make the option to portuguese keymap?

-when i try use a nautilus to su there is a problem
# nautilus

(nautilus:8356): EggSMClient-WARNING ****: Failed to connect to the session manager: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported

GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2271:initable_init: assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error == NULL)

thanks.

problem with hddtemp

/etc/init.d/hddtemp start
* Starting hddtemp daemon … [ !! ]
* ERROR: hddtemp failed to start

the daemon dont work

I make a video with recordmydesktop for new users can view a short images of our Calculate.

http://youtu.be/-rklKDZD9k8

Thanks

We will add Portuguese to the release of version 11.6 beta 2.

CapsLock we use to change the layout. Shift + CapsLock - to change the case.
Some time ago in an English keyboard layout CapsLock has not worked since There was only one language, only worked Shift + CapsLock. As tested, my 11.6 beta 1 of that there is no problem.

Excellent video! I added it to the video section. Thank you.
On the video I realized that hddtemp is already running.

On the video I realized that hddtemp is already running.

• this is the lmsensors but the applet to hddtemp in gnome dont show temperature but is posible monitoring with a shell parameter -
    hddtemp.

The video is for share to the comunnity eheh, thanks.

We are released beta 2. As I promised, the distribution now includes support for Portuguese. Please check it.

amazing work thanks!!!

Im post this notice in my blog to divulgate this big incremetation for portuguese people.

http://tux-a-solta.blogspot.com/2011/06/calculate-linux-o-codigo-russo.html

Im try install firestarter in my calculate and google earth but dont work , a i exeprience more problems with configuration the problems is not generate by calcutate but for my unknow of gentoo ehehe.

Many thanks for the beta i down and test in a few minutes.

What’s firestarter?

I think the problem of installing googleearth that in reference to the mirror is not the version number of the package. Therefore, you are offered a pre-load the bin-file.

The firestarter is a front-end graphic program to configure easily our firewall and view the internet traffic,
[[http://www.fs-security.com/docs/installation.php]]

The googleearth no work in my case i install he and the installation is long 40 minutes, after this the program dont appear and the command line report a problems with package, because this and my difficult to understand the configuration of programs in gentoo i return to use a debian based system, but in this momment i down the kde beta 2 version in torrent and when is complete (down is extremely slow) i take a test with the new support language, and try install programs like firestarter, its a pleasure to me help and provide feedback about Calculate. If i can adapt the calculate for my everyday use of pc i take the Claculate for my system Linux base in the pc and system to everyday use.

The problems i find with my Calculate are not connected to the system, the problem is the skills i have to manipulate the gentoo linux technology ehehe, many programs dont work like pitivi, and others, and i dont have the necessary skills to resolve and compile the programs with good final result eheh the lecture of gentoo handbook is little for new users and the necessary configurations of system in my opinnion.

But in my oppinion gentoo is a magnific Linux is extremely efficient and adaptable to learn linux and know the system linux but is complicated for medium users, this is the problem.

Thanks for your help.

You are right. Gentoo is not for beginners in Linux. We help install and configure the system. Doing binary upgrade. Certainly can not yet cover the entire repository. This problem is partly solved by selecting one of the 7 distributions. Portage also goes towards the user, giving different tips.

If you are not satisfied with the system, you can choose another distro. And it’s great that such a choice is there.

Amazing work, congratulatioons.

I tested the kde of new Beta and this beta represent a very good Calculate to final release, portuguese keymap and boot language works fine.

Congratulations, probably im tested and install the calculate, I’m still thinking about it.

OK im install gentoo kde, im need a program called Abiblia software for my studies but the program is disponible for debians, is possible any person help me to install this program?

[[http://comunidadeabiblia.net/abiblia-software/downloads/]] -> link to the program.

Im sugest if possible the include of this programs in Calculate

Pdfsam -> split and merge pdf`s [[http://www.pdfsam.org/]]

Kiwix -> offline reader of wikipedia [[http://packages.gentoo.org/package/kiwix]] -< im try to install but dont install

In many times i need this softs, and maybe other people also.

Thanks.

Not all programs that exist for Linux, there’s ebuild in gentoo. For some of them ebuild is the third-party overlays. To search for ebuild in overlays can use a special search engine [[gpo.zugaina.org/]].
Abiblia - is not available in the main tree and overlays, Pdfsam - is in the overlay bgo-overlay, Kiwix - is in main portage tree.
How to deal with the gentoo package manager - emerge, I hope, you know. How to connect the overlays can be found in gentoo faq - [[gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml]]. For programs that do not have in the main portage tree and overlays, you can write your own ebuild, information on their creation can be found at [[gentoo.org]] or using any search engine.