Libreoffice can't emerge

emerge libreoffice-bin

Local copy of remote index is up-to-date and will be used.

* IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

Calculating dependencies... done!
[binary     UD ] dev-libs/icu-63.1-r1 [64.2]
[binary  N     ] app-office/libreoffice-l10n-6.1.5.2  USE="-offlinehelp" L10N="be bg bs cs da de en es et fi fr hr hu it kk lt lv nl pl pt pt-BR ro ru sk sl sq sr sv uk -af -am -ar -as -ast -bn -bn-IN -bo -br -brx -ca -ca-valencia -cy -dgo -dz -el -en-GB -en-ZA -eo -eu -fa -ga -gd -gl -gu -gug -he -hi -id -is -ja -ka -km -kmr-Latn -kn -ko -kok -ks -lb -lo -mai -mk -ml -mn -mni -mr -my -nb -ne -nn -nr -nso -oc -om -or -pa -rw -sa -sat -sd -si -sid -sr-Latn -ss -st -sw-TZ -ta -te -tg -th -tn -tr -ts -tt -ug -uz -ve -vi -xh -zh-CN -zh-TW -zu" 
[ebuild  N     ] app-office/libreoffice-bin-6.1.5.2  USE="java -gnome -kde" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_6" 

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/icu:0

(dev-libs/icu-63.1-r1:0/63.1::gentoo, binary scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-libs/icu:0/63.1 required by (app-office/libreoffice-bin-6.1.5.2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
                ^^^^^^^                                                                                                                             

(dev-libs/icu-64.2:0/64.2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/icu:0/64.2= required by (app-text/libmspub-0.1.4:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                 
    (and 18 more with the same problem)

NOTE: Use the '--verbose-conflicts' option to display parents omitted above

libreoffice-bin is built with the dev-libs/icu:0/63.1 package, while the Portage is already stable dev-libs/icu:0/64.2. libreoffice-bin is a binary package compiled by the gentoo team. Calculate distros uses libreoffice which can be compiled from source code or use a binary package prepared by the CL command.

I do not understand if you’re kidding me. There is a LibreOffice source and Libreffice-bin. You are constantly answering me questions or conclusions. Well, I’m not crazy to see what’s on my computer. I have sent you a nice collision between the two versions of the icu. If I delete a new stable version I can install Libreoffice-bin but there are packages that are looking for this newer version of the icu. If I delete the version I’m looking for libreeoffice-bin, then I can only install LibreOffice from sourcres and compile it for hours and does not end, actually it does not work. By saving a new version of the version that is stable and updating is pushed, packages that are looking for an older version of the icu remain, and no rebuild here helps.
How much I see this problem exiting for 6 years. It turns out that gentoo or Calculate is not for ordinary people because as more problems it is like a special and better distro. Never before has LibreOffice made a problem in other Linux and I tried them a lot. It has LibreOffice even in Windows 10 and it works ok. Just because of such problems, I keep at least 3 Linux distributions on the machine. I am not an ordinary user who did not work on computers, I can not thank myself for anything or for something that does not work and I think that I am stupid, the main foreign currency reading on the net is always someone else’s fault or the user or the one who creates a icu or libreOffice . I wanted to reinstall from scratch, but by the date I see that the last one would make the same problems. My computer serves me to do something on it, not to serve it and solve riddles that have not been solved for 6 years.
I welcome you to think that Calculate CLD will fly from my machine.
I have Manayro (Arch copy), Neon who makes a plasma. Windows 10 with a legal license.

Solving all the problems is compiling the source packages, I thought the system uses source packages. Binary packages cause these situations and conflicts of files. I reacted vigorously because reading on the Internet is a mysticism, no specific help. I was an informatist and all I wrote was that a little child could do it with large computers. I do not know if you’ve ever seen what a mainframe computer handbook looks like. Each piece is elaborated in fine details and with concrete examples. When no one has a notification update, try installing the system again, passionately.

For LibreOffice you have 4 options.

1. Calculate binary package.

2. libreoffice-bin (Gentoo compiled binary package).

3. Compile from source.

4. Binary compiled by LibreOffice developers.

Unless you modified Calculate Linux,

emerge libreoffice

will install the Calculate binary package. I recommend this one because it is compiled against the current Calculate installed libraries and Calculate will keep it up to date for you. I have been using it for over a year without problems.

emerge libreoffice-bin

will install the Gentoo compiled binary. This one is specifically designed to work with Gentoo Stable. I don’t think Calculate adheres strictly to Gentoo Stable so you could have library conflicts.

FEATURES="-getbinpkg" emerge libreoffice

will compile LibreOffice from source. I have not done this in a very long time because it takes too long. When I first started with Gentoo (~2003), OpenOffice (LibreOffice did not exist yet) was considered a ‘fragile build’ and you had to turn off all compiler optimizations to get it to compile.

The LibreOffice official binary works well. I used it on Slackware because Slackware has no official LibreOffice package and the community supplied package was pig slow. It compiles a lot of the libraries it needs right into the binary so it does not use a lot of the libraries on your system. AFAIK, there is no ebuild for it so you have to install it manually outside the portage system. The system requirements are on the LibreOffice website. If it works on Slackware, it should work with Gentoo.

emerge -av1 libreoffic

I do this in conf file. FEATURES="-getbinpkg", delete # , delete old icu, install new stable icu and install libreeofice from sources. Work with bin is problem, update 2x is ok and 3x problem. With sources no problem. All conflict resolve with emerge @preserved-rebuild, this command cant resolve conflict in bin file, bin file is make with predefine files.
In other linux distribution no problem with libreoffice. Before LibreOffice exist OpenOffice, LibreOffice is open sources variant. Comile from sources LibreOffice work 3h.