Jpilot package installation

Hi. I am new to Calulate/Gentoo. I have used Mepis Linux for ~6 years and most recently Mint Gnome for a few months. I like the responsiveness of Calculate and the appealing KDE appearance. The Mepis versions I used were KDE 3. However, I would like to install some packages, especially jpilot. I read some documentation and forums, but I am confused. When I try as root emerge jpilot or ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge jpilot I get screens and screens of text that I don’t understand and no jpilot.

I looked here http://www.calculate-linux.org/boards/1/topics/1785 but it seems to be old since there is no longer a cl-unmask command available. Is there any gui package manager for Calculate and/or how do I install jpilot? Sorry for being so dumb and thanks in advance.

I see no problem in installing this package. Please upgrade and try again:

eix-sync
emerge-uDNa world

# emerge -a jpilot

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] app-pda/pilot-link-0.12.5  USE="bluetooth perl png python readline usb -debug -java -threads" 
[ebuild  N     ] app-pda/jpilot-1.8.0  USE="nls" 

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

Thanks for the input. I tried this (eix-sync then emerge-uDNa world) and it ran for over an hour on dial-up. Since this is not my working install I could not take more time. I will try again when I get to a high speed connection. Wow. My previous package experience in Debian based distros have not taken this long to refresh repository data. I assume that that is what this is doing.

You have the opportunity to optimize the compiled packages for your processor.