Help compiling Vim [Solved]

I’m having trouble compiling Vim, I’m wondering if someone can help. Here is my emerge info and build log. Where did I go wrong?

This is very frustrating!! Someone please help.

emerge_viminfo.log (17.8 KB)
build.log (25.3 KB)

try reinstalling the package: ExtUtils-ParseXS

Thank you for your response but that didn’t work. Do you see anything else that looks off? The problem is worse that I thought this vim problem is keeping me from updating my system.

Strange…!!

sudo emerge -pv vim ExtUtils-ParseXS

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] app-editors/vim-7.4.273  USE="X acl gpm lua nls perl ruby -cscope -debug -luajit -minimal -python -racket (-selinux) -tcl* -vim-pager" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7 -python3_3 -python3_4 (-python3_2%)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3 python3_4* (-python3_2%)" 0 KiB
[binary   R    ] perl-core/ExtUtils-ParseXS-3.180.0-r1  0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (2 reinstalls, 1 binary), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

I know.

$ sudo emerge -av vim ExtUtils-ParseXS

This should have worked. I should have worked. I ended up compiling the package without perl support. I do have perl as a USE flag in my make.conf.

echo "=app-editors/vim-7.4.273 -perl" >> /etc/portage/package.use/custom

Its still annoying that I couldn’t compile with perl support, but at least I got the package to compile.

Antonyo Hutsona wrote:

I know.
[…]This should have worked. I should have worked. I ended up compiling the package without Perl support. I do have perl as a USE flag in my make.conf.
[…]Its still annoying that I couldn’t compile with Perl support, but at least I got the package to compile.

The root cause of my problem was migrating to an unstable version of Perl. I thought perl-cleaner would have fixed up any Perl issues. I was ale to go back to the most recent stable version of Perl and compile with Perl suport.