Cl-install -C (or crypt-home) doesn't work? [Solved]

Hello,

Just installed CLS from the console and I wanted to encrypt the users home directory, so I gave it the -C on option (also tried with --crypt-home on), but when I check the installed system, it’s not encrypted. I also tried the latest ‘nightly’, but the result is the same, no encrypted home directory. Is this depended on the filesystem (I choose btrfs), but I seem to remember that it used to work…
EDIT: I see the same when choosing the default filesystem (ext4), no encrypted home directory…

In the overview of the options chosen, the installer clearly shows that the option is on:

• Encrypt user profiles: yes

With regards,

Angelo Machils

Support of crypted home directories provided by execution of cl-desktop. Pure CLS without display manager this does not support. You need install lightdm (at example) and execute login.

Important: only the new home directory will be encrypted. If the user already has an unencrypted profile, then ше will remain so.

Hello,

Thank you, it’s working now. Weird though, I seem to remember that before (when I was using DWM started with .xinitrc it was working? But I could be mistaken of course :slight_smile:

With regards,

Angelo Machils