release date: August 26, 2010
After five months of development left the first beta version of the distributive Calculate Linux Desktop 10.9. There are three ISO images for download from your desktop KDE (CLD), GNOME (CLDG) and XFCE (CLDX). Distribution has undergone significant changes. Take part in the testing and write their responses.
- New installer cl-install.
- Added a graphical installer cl-install-gui.
- Switching to the new format of patterns (templates) ‘Calculate 2’ utilities that allows to selectively modify the config files of supported types.
- Support for custom templates with the extension ‘.clt’, located in the directory with configuration files.
- Auto-tuning the configuration files of new versions of packages in the installation process with the possibility of AutoCorrect.
- Setting up custom applications while working in a graphical session during the installation packages.
- Support for installation in several sections showing the different file systems.
- Support for adding users during the installation.
- Support for “back” to clean Gentoo-system, and install additional capacity to Calculate Linux Gentoo-compatible system.
- Instead of the path /usr/calculate/share for the resources now used /var/calculate.
- As a browser now uses Chromium.
- Added all versions of Skype desktops.
- Added FTP client FileZilla for CLDG/CLDX.
- Added a twitter-client Choqok for KDE and Pino for Gnome/XFCE version.
- As a torrent-client in Gnome/XFCE is now using Deluge.
- Instead of Slim in CLDX used the login manager GDM.
- Added support for the Bulgarian language.
CLD (KDE desktop):
KDE 4.4.5, Amarok 2.3.0, digiKam 1.2.0, Chromium 5.0.375.127, Kernel 188.8.131.52, OpenOffice 3.2.1, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.7 GB
CLDG (Gnome desktop):
Gnome 2.30, Gimp 2.6.8, Chromium 5.0.375.127, Kernel 184.108.40.206, OpenOffice 3.2.1, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.5 GB
CLDX (Xfce desktop):
XFCE 4.6.2, Gimp 2.6.8, Kernel 220.127.116.11, Chromium 5.0.375.127, OpenOffice 3.2.1, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.2 GB
Calculate Linux Desktop 10.9 KDE beta 1
Calculate Linux Desktop 10.9 GNOME beta 1
Calculate Linux Desktop 10.9 XFCE beta 1
Upgrade previous version of Calculate Linux Desktop in two ways:
- After downloading the ISO image in the directory
/var/calculate/linux, installing the
cl-install -d /dev/sdaX, indicating the partition to install. In this case, the installation will take 3-5 minutes, most plants will be transferred.
- Select the profile developer, running
eselect profile set X, where X - number of profile. A list of available profiles can be seen running eselect profile list. Then upgrade package utility emerge. At the end of the command