Released on June 21, 2020.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Calculate Ltd, we are pleased to unveil the new 20.6 CL release.
This new version provides numerous optimizations, namely shorter boot-up time, reduced memory requirements, and added pre-configured Web browser extensions for Nextcloud support.
All Calculate flavors are available for download: Calculate Linux Desktop featuring several desktop environments, to choose between KDE (CLD), Cinnamon (CLDC), LXQt (CLDL), Mate (CLDM) and Xfce (CLDX or CLDXS); Calculate Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS) and Calculate Scratch Server (CSS).
- By default, Zram is used instead of the physical Swap partition;
- Zstd compression for the kernel, the modules, and initramfs;
- Kernel modules installed as packages come as Zstd archives too;
- PulseAudio is used by default, but you can choose ALSA if you like;
- Chromium comes with the pre-configured uBlock Origin plug-in;
- The Passman and FreedomMarks can be also added to your Web browser at the moment of creating your user account, so that you could use Nextcloud (please check https://wiki.calculate-linux.org/en/nextcloud_plugins);
- Deluge was replaced with qBittorrent;
- When you close your laptop cover, the default action is suspend;
- Better Wi-Fi support;
- Better handling of orphan dependencies removal;
- For multiboot Live USBs, the preferred image will be always the one at the end of the list;
- Different versions are available for six binary kernels, including those with the futex-wait-multiple patch for smoother running of Steam;
- Сcache was pre-configured to be used by emerge as well as by cl-kernel.
- The suspend and hibernate modes now running correctly in XFCE;
- The touchpad behavior after the suspend call was fixed;
- Images are no longer disabled when using memory cache (docache) for them;
- Local overlay configuration fixed;
- MATE log-in fixed.
- You can now break the compilation process if the templates provide a wrong patch;
- PXE launching and installation were fixed;.
- A package can be configured and installed to the system at the same time: fixed;
- The FEATURES=“userpriv” can be used at compilation time;
- Detection of a running emerge with cl-update fixed;
- Pre-build image configuration fixed;
- Removal of .old файлов from /boot was added at packing time;
- Eix-diff supported while creating an image;
- The lpadmin group now comes as a default one;
- Sys-apps/portage can now handle CU without installing Python v2.7;
- Pyopenssl fixed;
- Video card detection fixed;
- VESA is available as a video card choice;
- Installing x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers at boot time fixed;
- Image creation with x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers fixed;
- Cl-console-gui fixed;
- User directory initialization fixed for encrypted profiles;
- You can add custom parameters for kernel boot while creating an image;
- –skip-revdep-rebuild was replaced with --revdep-rebuild;
- The world() function was fixed for templates.
- CLD (KDE desktop): KDE Frameworks 5.70.0, KDE Plasma 5.18.5, KDE Applications 19.12.3, LibreOffice 188.8.131.52, Chromium 83.0.4103.106 - 2.73 G
- CLDC (Cinnamon desktop): Cinnamon 4.4, LibreOffice 184.108.40.206, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Evolution 3.34.4, Gimp 2.10.18, Rhythmbox 3.4.4 - 2.48 G
- CLDL (LXQt desktop): LXQt 0.14.1, LibreOffice 220.127.116.11, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Claws Mail 3.17.5, Gimp 2.10.18, Clementine 1.4.0 RC1 - 2.49 G
- CLDM (MATE desktop): MATE 1.24, LibreOffice 18.104.22.168, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Claws Mail 3.17.5, Gimp 2.10.18, Clementine 1.4.0 RC1 - 2.60 G
- CLDX (Xfce desktop): Xfce 4.14, LibreOffice 22.214.171.124, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Claws Mail 3.17.5, Gimp 2.10.18, Clementine 1.4.0 RC1 - 2.43 G
- CLDXS (Xfce Scientific desktop): Xfce 4.14, Eclipse 4.13.0, Inkscape 1.0, LibreOffice 126.96.36.199, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Claws Mail 3.17.5, Gimp 2.10.18 - 2.79 G
- CDS (Directory Server): OpenLDAP 2.4.50, Samba 4.11.8, Postfix 3.5.1, ProFTPD 1.3.7 RC3, Bind 9.14.8 - 763 M
- CLS (Linux Scratch): Xorg-server 1.20.8, Kernel 5.4.45 - 1.27 G
- CSS (Scratch Server): Kernel 5.4.45, Calculate Utilities 188.8.131.52 - 562 M
Download and update
Grab your Calculate Linux Live USB here: https://wiki.calculate-linux.org/en/download
If you already have a running Calculate Linux system, simply update to CL 20.6.