Released on December 30, 2016
We are happy to announce the release of Calculate Linux 17.
Calculate Linux Desktop, featuring either the KDE (CLD), the MATE (CLDM) or the Xfce (CLDX) environment, Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Scratch Server (CSS), Timeless are all available for download.
Timeless, a new server flavour
- Some server configuration features were rewritten. Timeless is in fact a testing CL version, designed for those eager to try the development version of Calculate Utilities. Note that Timeless will be finally merged with Calculate Directory Server.
The following modules are available:
- LDAP server configuration
- User account management via LDAP
- And also:
- Command-line and GUI interfaces both equally supported
- Client-server architecture
- Integration with the package manager
- Configuration templates stored in one place
- Updated appearances, including new own icons
- Modifications for the system tray update icon
- Better support of the system color scheme
- One session for
cl-console-gui, so that you could switch between them freely
- User access to command-line tools via
- System startup possible without PulseAudio
- Hard disk startup with Russian locale fixed
- Numerous revisions in templates: new functions added, support provided for “or” expressions, service launching, package linking, package version downgrade, ldif format, and more.
- Beta versions of the brand new Calculate Linux Desktop Cinnamon and Calculate Linux Desktop LXQt are available in “nightly” stages.
- Up to 5000 binary packages are available in the Calculate repository.
- On desktop versions, Firefox will be from now on the default Internet browser.
- MATE was updated to v1.16 and switched to the GTK3+ engine.
- The latest kernel is always available as a binary.
- Special characters such as currency symbols (₽, ₴, etc.) can be entered by pressing the Compose key or right Alt.
- Multiple processing of ini.env via different paths, with user configurations partly moved.
ati-driversis not supported anymore.
- CL can be installed on NVMe devices.
- Centralized access to the
sucommand is provided for domain users.
- Account encryption problem was fixed.
CLD (KDE desktop):
- KDE Frameworks 5.29, KDE Plasma 5.8.5, KDE Applications 16.12, LibreOffice 126.96.36.199, Firefox 50.1.0, Gimp 2.8.16, Clementine 1.3.1
- i686 - 1.92 G, x86_64 - 2.08 G
CLDM (MATE desktop):
- MATE 1.16, LibreOffice 188.8.131.52, Firefox 50.1.0, Claws Mail 3.14.1, Gimp 2.8.16, Clementine 1.3.1
- i686 - 1.53 G, x86_64 - 1.69 G
CLDX (Xfce desktop):
- Xfce 4.12, LibreOffice 184.108.40.206, Firefox 50.1.0, Claws Mail 3.14.1, Gimp 2.8.16, Clementine 1.3.1
- i686 - 1.44 G, x86_64 - 1.61 G
CDS (Directory Server):
- OpenLDAP 2.4.43, Samba 4.2.14, Postfix 3.1.2, ProFTPD 1.3.5b, Bind 9.10.3
- i686 - 644 M, x86_64 - 669 M
CLS (Linux Scratch):
- Xorg-server 1.18.4, Kernel 4.4.9
- i686 - 724 M, x86_64 - 823 M
CSS (Scratch Server):
- Kernel 4.4.39, Calculate Utilities 220.127.116.11
- i686 - 445 M, x86_64 - 471 M
Timeless (New server):
- OpenLDAP 2.4.43, Calculate Utilities 18.104.22.168
- i686 - 467 M, x86_64 - 493 M
Update from Calculate Linux 15
To update from CL 15, either:
- put the new iso file in
/var/calculate/linux, then run