Released on December 17, 2014
We are happy to announce the release of Calculate Linux 14.12.
Calculate Linux Desktop, featuring either the KDE (CLD) or the XFCE (CLDX) environment, Calculate Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Media Center (CMC), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Scratch Server (CSS) are all available for download.
- We optimized the CL updater:
- Updates are checked even faster on the background.
- Calculate Utilities, Perl and Python libraries, and the rest of your packages will not be updated separately anymore.
- If the file header only has been modified, the new configuration will be accepted automatically.
- All obsolete package archives are cleared.
- Added support for installing CL as a host system on virtio devices.
- Icons somewhat edited and services rearranged for Calculate Console.
- CLD and CLDX got back several wallpapers from previous versions.
- A tool was added for autologin and home encryption.
- Smoother touchpad configuration.
- New lines were added to the French localization.
- The timezones were updated.
- In CLDX, the Liferea news aggregator was replaced by the RSS plugin for Claws-Mail.
- Still in CLDX, QpdfView now comes instead of Evince.
- Nomacs is used instead of Eog to view images with.
- CLDX includes system information and benchmark HardInfo.
- The Shotwell photo suite is not provided out of box anymore.
- CLS includes FFmpeg libraries.
- On the other hand, CLS gets a bit smaller as it provides no more wallpapers!
- Your CPU frequency will from now on be checked with cpupower instead of the traditional cpufrequtils.
- The cl-update-profile tool gets some new features added: namely, you can choose how you want your CL to be updated, and system settings are now reconfigured any time you switch between profiles.
- Framebuffer resolution setup: fixed.
- The ‘double update trayicons’ bug in CLD: fixed.
- Icon theme switch in CLDX: fixed.
- No more problems with getting a user profile in domains with replication.
- Better spellchecking for Russian.
- The Plymouth theme was fixed for the several NVidia chipsets that bugged with it when running under Nouveau.
CDS (Directory Server):
- Bind 9.9.5, Kernel 3.14.25, OpenLDAP 2.4.38, Postfix 2.10.3, ProFTPD 1.3.5, Samba 3.6.23
- i686 - 605 M, x86_64 - 633 M
CLD (KDE desktop):
- KDE 4.14.3, Amarok 2.8.0, digiKam 4.4, Chromium 39, Kernel 3.14.25, LibreOffice 4.2.6
- i686 - 2.02 G, x86_64 - 2.25 G
CLDX (XFCE desktop):
- XFCE 4.11.8, Gimp 2.8.14, Chromium 39, Kernel 3.14.25, LibreOffice 4.2.6
- i686 - 1.46 G, x86_64 - 1.67 G
CMC (Media Center):
- XBMC 13.2, Kernel 3.14.25, Xorg-server 1.15
- i686 - 913 M, x86_64 - 1.09 G
CLS (Linux Scratch):
- Openbox 3.5.2, Kernel 3.14.25, Xorg-server 1.15
- i686 - 633 M, x86_64 - 659 M
CSS (Scratch Server):
- Kernel 3.14.25
- i686 - 415 M, x86_64 - 442 M
Update from Calculate Linux 14
To update from CL 14, either:
- put the new iso file in
/var/calculate/linux, then run