Released on December 31, 2014
We are happy to announce the release of Calculate Linux 14.12.1.
Calculate Linux Desktop, featuring either the KDE (CLD) or the XFCE (CLDX) environment, Calculate Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Media Center (CMC), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Scratch Server (CSS) are all available for download.
- Grub and terminal fonts were fixed and their size made equal.
- The annoying white square thing that you formerly saw at boot time was finally removed.
- Support for a new filesystem, OverlayFS was added, as we prepare to replace Aufs with it in kernel 3.18.
- You will be able to use compressed kernel modules with v3.18.
- Removal of obsolete kernel versions was fixed.
- Python 2.7.9 is now supported.
- If you boot in Safe Mode, no screensaver will be activated.
- The dhcp client now starts correctly.
- The screen setup dialog was opened on some laptops when you closed the lid; it is no more.
- The brightness key bug that concerned some Samsung notebooks was corrected.
CDS (Directory Server):
- Bind 9.9.5, Kernel 3.14.27, OpenLDAP 2.4.38, Postfix 2.11.3, ProFTPD 1.3.5, Samba 3.6.24
- i686 - 609 M, x86_64 - 635 M
CLD (KDE desktop):
- KDE 4.14.3, Amarok 2.8.0, digiKam 4.4, Chromium 39.0.2171.65, Kernel 3.14.27, LibreOffice 188.8.131.52
- i686 - 2.03 G, x86_64 - 2.25 G
CLDX (XFCE desktop):
- XFCE 4.11.8, Gimp 2.8.14, Chromium 39.0.2171.65, Kernel 3.14.27, LibreOffice 184.108.40.206
- i686 - 1.46 G, x86_64 - 1.68 G
CMC (Media Center):
- XBMC 13.2, Kernel 3.14.27, Xorg-server 1.15
- i686 - 917 M, x86_64 - 1.09 G
CLS (Linux Scratch):
- Openbox 3.5.2, Kernel 3.14.27, Xorg-server 1.15
- i686 - 638 M, x86_64 - 662 M
CSS (Scratch Server):
- Kernel 3.14.27
- i686 - 418 M, x86_64 - 442 M
Update from Calculate Linux 14
To update from CL 14, either:
- put the new iso file in
/var/calculate/linux, then run