Released on Jule 2, 2014
We are happy to announce that Calculate Linux 13.19, the last of the 13th, has been released. CL 14 is coming soon after, with many new features such as totally rewritten assemble & compilation utilities, GUI and/or commande line updater, automatic update check, new approach to profiles, etc.
Calculate Linux Desktop, featuring either the KDE (CLD) or the XFCE (CLDX) environment, Calculate Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Media Center (CMC), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Scratch Server (CSS) are all available for download.
- Software update: Kernel 3.14.9, KDE 4.13.2, LibreOffice 4.2.5, Chromium 35 are here.
- A configuration tool for Shorewall was added to CLD, CLDX, CDS and CMC.
- exFAT is now supported in CLD, CLDX and CMC.
- CLD and CLDX got native PulseAudio support.
- CLDX will from now on support GStreamer.
- In CLDX, Audacious was replaced with the Clementine audio player, while Blueman comes back handling Bluetooth configuration.
- UEFI installation now runs correctly.
- The screen locking problem was fixed in CLDX.
- You can now specify the IP address of your PXE server.
- No more errors when detecting video drivers in ISO.
- Portage will not be unpacked at the first boot time.
- You can again install on a Btrfs partition from the LiveCD.
- Inxi and Dmidecode tools, that collect information about your system, were added to all versions except CLS and CSS.
- Some applications were removed, namely gnome-ppp/kppp, DC-client, Geany.
- Better handling of binary repositories: whenever the compilation script is modified, the dependencies got rebuilt.
Kernel and Software
CDS (Directory Server):
- Bind 9.9.4, Kernel 3.14.9, OpenLDAP 2.4.35, Postfix 2.10.3, ProFTPD 1.3.4d, Samba 3.6.23
- i686 - 656 M, x86_64 - 685 M
CLD (KDE desktop):
- KDE 4.13.2, Amarok 2.8.0, digiKam 4.0, Chromium 35, Kernel 3.14.9, LibreOffice 4.2.5
- i686 - 2.2 G, x86_64 - 2.4 G
CLDX (XFCE desktop):
- XFCE 4.10, Gimp 2.8.10, Chromium 35, Kernel 3.14.9, LibreOffice 4.2.5
- i686 - 1.6 G, x86_64 - 1.8 G
CMC (Media Center):
- XBMC 13.0, Kernel 3.14.9, Xorg-server 1.15
- i686 - 941 M, x86_64 - 1.1 G
CLS (Linux Scratch):
- Openbox 3.5.2, Kernel 3.14.9, Xorg-server 1.15
- i686 - 705 M, x86_64 - 728 M
CSS (Scratch Server):
- Kernel 3.14.9
- i686 - 439 M, x86_64 - 467 M
- Download Calculate Linux: http://www.calculate-linux.org/main/en/download
- Update How-To: http://www.calculate-linux.org/main/en/system_update_guide