release date: May 20, 2011
To the 4 anniversary of the project the first beta version 11.6 of Calculate Linux distribution has been released. All editions of distribution are available for download: Calculate Linux Desktop with desktop KDE (CLD), GNOME (CLDG) and XFCE (CLDX), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Directory Server (CDS) and Calculate Scratch Server (CSS).
- Using the hybrid ISO images with support for recording to CD and USB Flash.
- To better support the devices and booting speed up Udev has been integrated into initramfs livecd.
- Added screen splash auto-resolution.
- Added video driver choice menu. Additionally the nouveau and the proprietary ati driver are supported.
- Free video driver with support for KMS are used by default.
- Nvidia is installed to the system only when the user selects.
- Added integration with web service pastebin.calculate-linux.org.
- Used XZ livecd image compression format.
- Shorewall has been included in the CDS for the firewall configuration.
CDS (Directory Server):
Bind 9.7.2-P3, Kernel 188.8.131.52, OpenLDAP 2.4.24, Postfix 2.7.4, ProFTPD 1.3.3e, Samba 3.5.8
i686 - 601 MB, x86_64 - 638 MB
CLD (KDE desktop):
KDE 4.6.2, Amarok 2.4.1, digiKam 1.9.0, Chromium 11.0.696.68, Kernel 184.108.40.206, LibreOffice 3.3.2, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.7 GB, x86_64 - 1.8 GB
CLDG (GNOME desktop):
Gnome 2.32, Gimp 2.6.11, Chromium 11.0.696.68, Kernel 220.127.116.11, LibreOffice 3.3.2, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.4 GB, x86_64 - 1.6 GB
CLDX (XFCE desktop):
XFCE 4.8, Gimp 2.6.11, Kernel 18.104.22.168, Chromium 11.0.696.68, LibreOffice 3.3.2, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.3 GB, x86_64 - 1.4 GB
CLS (Linux Scratch):
Openbox 22.214.171.124, Kernel 126.96.36.199, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 515 MB, x86_64 - 548 MB
CSS (Scratch Server):
i686 - 358 MB, x86_64 - 387 MB