release date: April 8, 2010
Calculate Linux is a family of distributions, based on Gentoo GNU/Linux and completely compatible with it. Calculate Linux family has three members: Calculate Linux Desktop (CLD, CLDG, CLDX), Calculate Directory Server (CDS) and Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS).
- “Out-of-the-box” client-server solution for small and medium businesses.
- 100% compatible with Gentoo.
- Interactive system build and configuration process allows to make changes in the distribution.
- Supported languages: English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Italian and Ukrainian.
- Can be installed on USB-Flash or USB-HDD with ext4, ext3, ext2, reiserfs, xfs or jfs.
- Added new Calculate Linux Desktop with GNOME desktop environment.
- Added ‘cl-passwd’ that allows to change user’s domain password in CDS authentication facility.
- Reduced system’s footprint.
- Transfer rate of a roaming profile from remote server is significantly improved.
- Added ability to customize application updates through the file ~/.calculate/ini.env.
- By default, included a parallel package installation.
- Added support for more printer models (HP, Epson and others).
Additionally in CLD
- By default desktop displays the directory ~/Desktop.
- OpenOffice uses style ‘Oxygen’, added support for KDE menu for open and save files.
Additionally in CLDX
- Increased performance for older PCs.
- Added progress bar for login process to domain.
- Changed menu structure so it looks similar to KDE and Gnome versions.
- Added the client file sharing network Direct Connect LinuxDC**.
- Added Liferea aggregator for online news.
- In Pidgin added support for Facebook, shortcuts.
- In Firefox added xclear plugin.
- Fixed keyboard layout in tty1.
Additionally in CDS
- Added support for the execution of user commands at the server through the CLD profile ~/.calculate/desktop.env.
- Supported by packing profile to the archive, change the user password in the LDAP server.
CLD (KDE desktop):
- KDE 4.4.2, Amarok 2.3.0, digiKam 1.1.0, Firefox 3.6, Kernel 18.104.22.168, OpenOffice 3.2, X.Org 7.4
- i686 - 1.69 GB, x86_64 - 1.80 GB
CLDG (Gnome desktop):
- Gnome 2.26.3, Gimp 2.6.8, Firefox 3.6, Kernel 22.214.171.124, OpenOffice 3.2, X.Org 7.4
- i686 - 1.35 GB, x86_64 - 1.46 GB
CLDX (Xfce desktop):
- XFCE 4.6.1, Gimp 2.6.8, Kernel 126.96.36.199, Firefox 3.6, OpenOffice 3.2, X.Org 7.4
- i686 - 1.06 GB, x86_64 - 1.18 GB
CDS (Directory Server):
- Bind 9.6.1-P3, Kernel 188.8.131.52, OpenLDAP 2.4.19, Postfix 2.6.5, ProFTPD 1.3.2d, Samba 3.4.5
- i686 - 554 MB, x86_64 - 592 MB
CLS (Linux Scratch):
- Openbox 3.4.10, Firefox 3.6, Kernel 184.108.40.206, X.Org 7.4
- i686 - 607 MB, x86_64 - 677 MB
You can upgrade previous version of Calculate Linux in two ways:
# Download ISO-image into directory /usr/calculate/share/linux and execute command calculate -d /dev/sdaX, with indicating installation partition. In this case, the installation will take 5-7 minutes, most settings will be transferred.
# Update packages with emerge utility.