Calculate Console Connection - Add the certificate to trusted

Hi Calculaters,

Well, here I am again and I am still experiencing unnecessary frustration because the documentation needs updating and responses in other topics are lacking in detail.

Alexander, you guys need to get your act together to provide a stress free and professional experience for the benefit of all users including yourselves. Apart from fixing any bugs you have created, clear and accurate documentation should be your Number 1 priority if you want to attract more Users to Calculate Linux and Linux in general. Users’ time, including your own, is being wasted because of a lack of attention to these matters.

I was hoping to install the updates today but unfortunately I experienced more disappointment and left wondering when it will end.

So, after creating the certificate, I clicked on the Get the certificate button on the Certificates dialogue window.

Next, I clicked on the Connect button of the New connection tab of the Calculate Console.

The Connection dialogue window appeared and I entered the password that was previously entered for the Create a signature request window.

After clicking on the Connect button the Adding the certificate to trusted dialogue window appeared.

Now, which button should be used and what dialogues will appear next and what actions should I take with them?

Thank you, Michael.

CalculateConsoleNewConnection.png
CalculateConsoleConnectionDialogue.png
AddingTheCertificate.png

Well this s odd. This is what I get when I open up my console.

myCalculateConsole.png

That’s what I am expecting to see when the Certificate has been added once I know which button should be used.

That’s what I was seeing when I was using the Live USB environment.

So here is my best guess. I think you should go with ‘Add the CA and root…’ in /var/calculate/server here are all the certs listed. there is no mention of server certs that I could find. Not saying that there aren’t any. Just reporting what I see.

myCerts.png

In /var/calculate/server/ I have the following listed.

Directories:
ca
client_certs
conf
pids
server_certs
sids

Files:
sid.db

In my /var/calculate/server/

Directories:
ca