Assistance Required: Enhancing Stability and Performance on Calculate Linux Desktop

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

Recently, I moved to the Calculate Linux Desktop (CLD), and so far, I’m really loving it. For me, Gentoo’s ability to combine flexibility with an unconventionally ready system was revolutionary. But like with any new machine, I want to optimise my configuration for maximum stability and performance.

I’m looking to the more seasoned members of this group for guidance and perspective.

Here are some particular places where I could benefit from advice:

Optimising Performance:

• Are there any suggested configuration changes or system tweaks to improve CLD’s overall performance?
  • What are some efficient methods for controlling system resources, specifically memory and CPU usage?
  • Would you recommend any lightweight substitutes for the built-in applications?

Stability of the System:

• What are some excellent practices for managing packages and updates in particular that guarantee system stability?
  • How do you resolve any disputes or problems that can occur when using Portage to update packages?

Tailoring the surroundings:

• In order to make the desktop environment more efficient for my workflow, I want to modify it. Any advice on how to change the KDE setup by default, or suggestions for other desktop applications compatible with Calculate Linux?
  • Which essential apps or tools do you think are especially helpful for CLD users?

Educational Materials:

• May you recommend any in-depth manuals or other materials that I may use to learn more about Gentoo and Calculate Linux in general?

I also follow this: https://www.hostingadvice.com/blog/calculate-linux-is-a-gentoo-based-sap-sac-distro/

I can’t wait to learn more about Calculate Linux and take full advantage of this powerful distro. I’d be grateful for any advice, tactics, or firsthand knowledge you could provide!

Thank you :pray: in advance.

Jesica, hello!)
It’s great that you have so many questions about using Calculate Linux!
Lately there has been less activity on this forum.
It’s better and more quickly to ask questions as they arise in the telegram community:

Sincerely,
Dmitry