a review

Just thought this might be the easiest way let people know that Distrowatch.com published a review of Calculate Linux this week.

Thank you, here is the link http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20130513#feature

The review wasn’t one that would exactly draw Users to Calculate Linux.
His hardware impasses were unusual as recognizing hardware always seemed to me to be a Calculate strength.

The Reviewer is neutral and fair in his Conclusions by stating…

I feel as though Calculate and I got off on the wrong foot.

He touches on the identity of the Calculate User when he points out.

I suspect that where Calculate has an edge is with fans of Gentoo who want a quick way to get up and running. Calculate lets users get started with pre-built packages and a graphical installer and then customize the underlying Gentoo operating system on an as-needed basis. So for Gentoo users Calculate smooths out the installation process,

The Reviewer is IMO correct in noting that the Remote console while innovate could use better documentation and User Feed back while in use.

Lastly, to me Calculate serves the interest of a User audience that prefers, no enjoys, using a CLI (Command Line Interface). And to that audience/User base brings many other preconfigured benefits not available in a base Gentoo. Much as the Users of Gentoo, Arch, Slackware, Debian(sid), CrunchBang, LFS, Sorcerer and the like.

All in all a fair review from a Reviewer with non compatible hardware and no love of the CLI or portage.