Unable to Update

Hi !

Try to update with emerge and after run cl-update again :

emerge -avuDN --with-bdeps=y @world

cl-update

Brad Heffernan wrote:

thank you so much, removing the rindeal overlay solved my problem now updating without errors. i only use the overlay to get Tixati its a p2p torrent client.

thanks again.

Hi there,

I install “Tixati” from original site, always by hand.
It’s very easy to do “when you read the how to” “4 steps”
So you don’t need “the overlay”
try it and you will see :wink:

ferdi

Thank you for your response.

I am still unable to update my Calculate Desktop Xfce installation on this Lenovo Thinkpad W520. (The other two installations are functioning properly).

According to the error messages, a conflict exists between Python versions 2 and 3.

Does the rindeal overlay have any relationship with that?

How would I go about removing the rindeal overlay?

Thinks in advance for your response.

Thank you for your response.

I am still unable to update my Calculate Desktop Xfce installation on this Lenovo Thinkpad W520. (The other two installations are functioning properly).

According to the error messages, a conflict exists between Python versions 2 and 3.

Does the rindeal overlay have any relationship with that?

How would I go about removing the rindeal overlay?

Thinks in advance for your response.

Hi

To delete the overlay,

layman -d rindeal

Try to update with cl-update.

Thanks for the tip but the problem seems to be due to another cause.

# layman -d rindeal

* Deleting selected overlays,…
* Repository ‘rindeal’ was not installed

* CLI: Errors occurred processing action delete
* Repository ‘rindeal’ was not installed

cl-update
Repositories synchronization
 * Syncing the Distros repository ...                                                                           [ ok ]
 * Syncing the Calculate repository ...                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Syncing the Gentoo repository ...                                                                            [ ok ]
 * Updating the Distros repository cache ...                                                                    [ ok ]
 * Updating the Calculate repository cache ...                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Updating the eix cache for Distros, Calculate, Gentoo ...                                                    [ ok ]
 * Updating the cache of configurable packages ...                                                              [ ok ]
 * Removing obsolete distfiles and binary packages ...                                                          [ ok ]
 * Synchronization finished
System configuration
 * Fixing the settings ...                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Updating configuration files ...                                                                             [ ok ]
 * Update server http://mirror.yandex.ru/calculate
Checking for updates
 * Calculating dependencies ...                                                                                 [ ok ]

Performing Global Updates
(Could take a couple of minutes if you have a lot of binary packages.)
  .='update pass'  *='binary update'  #='/var/db update'  @='/var/db move'
  s='/var/db SLOT move'  %='binary move'  S='binary SLOT move'
  p='update /etc/portage/package.*'
/usr/portage/profiles/updates/2Q-2017..

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-lang/perl:0/5.20=[-build(-)]".
(dependency required by "dev-perl/Locale-gettext-1.50.0-r1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "sys-apps/help2man-1.46.6::gentoo[nls]" [installed])
(dependency required by "sys-devel/automake-1.15-r2::gentoo" [binary])
(dependency required by "dev-db/sqlite-3.17.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/python-2.7.12::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.4-r1::gentoo[python_targets_python2_7,python]" [installed])
(dependency required by "sys-devel/gettext-0.19.8.1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "app-arch/tar-1.29-r1::gentoo[nls]" [installed])
(dependency required by "@system" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
!!! Invalid news item: /usr/portage/metadata/news/2017-04-10-split-and-slotted-wine/2017-04-10-split-and-slotted-wine.en.txt
!!!   line 6: News-Item-Format: 2.0
 * Emerge failed
 * Update failed
ltpw520 dhinds #